Annexair News

Annexair reinvests an additional $7 million due to high demand for its new product

Drummondville (Quebec), September 17, 2020 – In anticipation of the high demand generated from the launch of its new ultra-hygienic product, Annexair is proud to announce an additional $7 million investment to add another 73,000 square feet to its new Saint-Germain-de-Grantham plant. This addition will increase the building’s overall size to 373,000 square feet, bringing the total investment in the plant to more than $56 million.

The new eco-innovative product, which is both environmentally friendly and antimicrobial, is made of material approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Interest in Annexair’s products in the United States has been so high in recent years that the company’s order book continues to grow. This high volume of orders will allow the company to increase production capabilities while maintaining a competitive lead time for years to come. It should be noted that Annexair sells 98% of its production to the United States and the remaining 2% is sold in the Canadian markets.


The decision to expand the existing facilities was prompted by the current pandemic, which boosted demand for antimicrobial products. “The additional production space to meet demand made sense, so we didn’t hesitate to bring out the power shovels again. Within three years, we need to be prepared to double our annual turnover, and this strong growth depends on this major investment,” said Francois Lemieux, President of Annexair.


Annexair will be the first HVAC equipment manufacturer to offer biocomposite ventilation systems whose interior and exterior surfaces are treated with an FDA-recommended antimicrobial product that can resist the growth of bacteria, mold and fungi. The units manufactured at the new plant will also have wash-down capability, reducing the possibility of dirt accumulation and improving indoor air quality. Moreover, the company will be able to meet the sanitary product needs of its many customers in the healthcare sector (hospitals, nursing homes, geriatric care) who have long been waiting for this type of product. According to Mr. Lemieux: “As early as 2013, we anticipated the demand for antimicrobial products since we knew that there was a serious shortage in the HVAC industry; that’s also why we originally built our new plant. What a coincidence to see today that we were right in 2013. We’re in the right place at the right time.”


Founded in Drummondville, Quebec in 1998, Annexair is an HVAC equipment manufacturer that offers customized solutions and serves commercial, institutional, and industrial markets. Designed with energy efficiency in mind, these large-scale ventilation systems incorporate many energy recovery technologies. The company invests heavily in research and development, and its ventilation systems are among today’s most advanced in North America.

Focusing on materials of the future

Annexair has developed a brand-new type of casing made from bio-sourced engineered composite complete with recycled bottles for insulation, which will allow it to reduce its carbon footprint by reusing more than 35 million bottles a year. The company has begun greening its operations by integrating health and environmental considerations in its development of this biocomposite material of the future.

Renowned customers

While Annexair serves primarily the high-performance green building market in the United States, project installations also include world-renowned companies such as Facebook, Google, NASA, U.S. Green Building Council (LEED) headquarters, Hilton Hotels, Marriott Hotels headquarters, Dallas Cowboys stadium, Atlanta Braves ball park, Daimler-Mercedes Benz, IKEA, and Macy’s; as well as prestigious universities such as Harvard, Yale, MIT and Duke. The company is also a member of the United Nations Global Compact, which encourages businesses to develop and support sustainable and innovative industrial processes. Annexair employs 300 workers, including 30 engineers, and will be delivering its 10,000th system in 2020.


David St-Laurent
Telephone: 819-469-1178